Saturday, December 3, 2011

Chemo update

Radiation and Chemo update.

The Thurdsay radiation wa followed by a visit with Dr. Hitchcock, who showed me where the 6 mega-electron volt photon beam is being directed. They are focusing on the site of the original tumor, and its environs. After the radaition, my skin felt a little red, like a sunburn, but it went away fairly soon, and after the second dose of radiation on Friday, I did not notice anything.

The Chemo was time consuming, but it was quite comfortable. No big issues. So far no effects. They gave me some anti-nausea medicine (by IV) before the cisplatin and some after as well. then some pills to take in the event I begin to notice something like nausea. I have taken a couple of them, but I don't think I will need any more this week. We will see. They tell me that the effects build up over time . . . the main effect --which is to kill the cancer, and the side effects of nausea, etc. So it will likely get worse.

So far, so good. We are feeling blessed. It could be a whole lot worse.

Dad

1 comment: