The ususal Friday Chemo infusion took the ususal 4 hours . . . but I think I slept part way through, so it didn't seem too long. The Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy folks were ready for me, so we were out in pretty good time. However, the Oncologist wanted me to have another hearing test to make sure I wan't losing any more of the usefulness of my left ear, and that was not scheduled until 3:00 pm.
We had lunch at the Bistro on the 6th floor of the Huntsman Hospital and then went to the hearing appointment over an hour early. The folks at the University who do the testing were accommodating, and we got in promptly and learned that there was no measurable difference from when we first started. So it looks like I get to receive the full dose of Chemo. Two more weeks.
My taster has been affected, and now there are only a few things that taste even remotely like what I remember. Ice cream is one of those, and last night I finished off the last of the vanilla ice cream. That notwithstanding, the lack of other foods has taken my wieght down by at least 10 pounds since I started Chemo, and what's most frustrating is that I don't look any different.
Tonight I am looking forward to a raspberry concrete from Nielsens - courtesy of Christen. I hope it also has retained all its taste.
I haven't yet tried Kipper Snacks. I think I should try them, but Mom still won't let them in the house.
So grateful your hearing has not been affected! I am curious to have you finish your thought about what is frustrating you with your taste/weight loss. You started a sentence and it didn't get finished. I am glad there is something that you can still taste and enjoy. Be careful that you still eat things even if you can't taste them! It'll be like trying to get Trevor to eat stuff when he was young ;) Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteKipper snacks! Delicious. I am glad to be able to read about your experience with cancer. Keep the updates coming.
ReplyDelete