Monday, December 26, 2011

Chemo update Dec 26, 2011

So far, each chemo treatment has had its unique after-effects. Nausea is common, but sometimes it has been controllable, other times not. This time, serious reflux has been the major symptom. Normal ant-acid pills don't work, but the anti-nausea medicine has quelled the fire. The distorted taste is still with me, perhaps even more so, accompanied by constipation. Four days of being plugged up and a shot each of Miralax and Milk of Magnesia were followed by nothing until I fell asleep, then.... uncontrolled diarrhea. Oh, my.

I have been miserable before . . . like when we were snowed-in in Laramie, Wyoming and were staying in the home of total strangers, and I had food poisoning for three days straight. At first I was afraid I would die, then I was afraid I wouldn't. I had to use a shared bathroom, which worried me greatly, but thankfully, whenever I needed it, it was available.

But this chemo thing . . . well, it is worse. It is only through prayer and the help of the Lord that I can sit here and write this. I hang onto the hope that, like previous weeks, the problems only last two or three days, rather than the whole week.

No comments:

Post a Comment