Well, the chemo infusion went well. but that evening, I began to feel yucky. We had dinner with some friends, and I was able to eat a good meal. Chinese. Not too bad. Then we went to see the musical version of the Christmas Carol. Half way through, I wanted to go home. Saturday, we had some visitors from the stake conference. Two of the stake presidency came with Elder Gary Porter of the Seventy. It was a nice visit, and I was feeling pretty good. We went to the evening session of conference, and it was good.
Sunday morning, I was not feeling well, so we stayed home and tried to behave ourselves. Later in the day I was feeling like a zombie. They give you medicine to counteract the nausea feeling of the chemo. Three different kinds. They all seemed to work more or less, but everything combined took a toll. By Monday afternoon, I didn't want to do anything. But I had to go to radiation. We were quite early, so I got to wait quite a while.
I was bloated and plugged up on top of everything else. Towards evening, I called the doctor who said I should take Milk of Magnesia, which I did. Then I really got nauseated. Took another anti-nausea pill, which I immediately threw up, along with everything else I had for the last 4 hours, and felt immensely better. I slept well, and was able to go to my 1:00 pm meeting Tuesday with Elder Gonzalez, and do the radiation. I have quit taking the anti-nausea medication, although the medical profession advises me to stay on it. OK, maybe I will after the next dose for a while, but I won't like it. :-(
Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming. (I finally figured out how to log onto this blog with KayLyn's detailed help....)
ReplyDeleteLove you! -Kim