Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sunshine Therapy


I have not read this in any medical journal, but I am beginning to believe that sunshine and a warm climate is good therapy . . . maybe not for cancer but for just about anything else.  Our little trip out of the snow and the cold was a very welcome treat.  From St. George (last post) we drove to Las Vegas, Fullerton, Ventura, and Fresno, California.  Flowers, palm trees, orange trees, strawberries and other fruits were all over the place.  Quite a change from snowy Utah.  it was kind of a quick trip, but we were able to visit several friends.  Actually, I think the sunshine we got from the visits with friends and family was even more therapeutic than the warm weather.
Getting home was kind of long.  We stopped in Reno for the night, and drove through a tiny amount of blowing snow, but overall, it was a good trip.
We started on the second round of chemo on Wednesday.  We had a little visit with Doctor Grossmann, who seemed very pleased with the progress so far.  All the blood chemistry is in bounds, so we charge ahead with three more weeks as before.  We are looking forward to the 18th of March, when we get another look at the lungs.
I am still feeling very well; no problems from the cancer and very few issues with the medicine.  So I continue to be grateful for life and the many prayers that have brought blessings from heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Martell and LaRue, So happy to hear about everything--that you are feeling good in spite of the treatments. It sounds like you have had a good trip enjoying the sunshine. So happy for the good news! I send my love to you both. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martell, it was so great to see both of you. You are so inspiring...you have such a great sense of humor. I'm excited about our upcoming Gee reunion this summer.

    ReplyDelete