Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Post MRI report

Three weeks ago we had an MRI which is supposed to tell us something about the site where the cancer was.  This will be a baseline for future MRIs so that additional information will be available in the future regarding my progress.

The radiologist that read the MRI wrote a report that was shared with us.  It was written in medicalese, but roughly translated it said:
"I see some edges of the parotid gland . . . evidently the rest of the gland was surgically removed.  I also see some evidence that there has been some radiation damage of the area.  I see something that looks like a nerve has been grafted in place of the original nerve that has been removed.  I see a lymph node.  But I don't see anything that looks like cancer.  Check back later."

So that is my story for today.

MJG

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAYYYYY!!! That is the most, superest, awesomest news ever! Wah hoo!!

    ReplyDelete