Wednesday, March 28, 2012

one more update

Well, another birthday has come and gone, and another month as well.  So, what is new?
Not much.  the last blog says what I would say here . . . the only difference is that my "feeling better" is all relative.  Relative to the last blog.  So, whereas last time I entered something I was feeling better, that was relative to the previous blog.  Now I am referring to the February 4 blog, and, indeed, I am feeling better.  I still have dry mouth, but my taster is about 80% of what I remember "normal" to be; I have more energy; I can stay awake longer; I eat a lot more;   and my weight loss has stalled out.  I have been to my meetings, I conducted the March 15 caucus for my precinct, and I have been to the Temple a few times.  I have finally prepared the book of poems for Doug McQueen.  I hope it gets finished in time;  I got a letter from him yesterday which said that he is in the hospital with kidney problems and heart difficulties. 
Whenever we go anywhere, like to Spencer's missionary setting apart, I sleep most of the way.  It seems I sleep better in the car than in the bed.
One more point of comment:  my appearance still makes people uneasy.  They don't know how to react to my saggy face, and my distorted speech.  But I just go ahead anyway like it is nothing.  If I get too many funny looks, I will explain.  However, it seems that I am getting used to what I am today.
So that is the update for this month.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting. I'd like to hear about the MRI and when you expect to hear the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the written update. You are a special person. I read Dan Peterson's article in the Mormon Times and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete