Monday, February 6, 2012

update

It has been quite a while since I entered anything here.  Radiation stopped two weeks ago, and it took many days for me to start feeling like it had really stopped.  But now I am feeling better.  I still have the dry mouth, which they say will be with me for a very long time.  My taste has not yet returned to normal, and I have no idea when or if.  But I eat a few things because Mom says I have to.  So far, I have lost about 45 pounds, and could stand to lose many more. 

Really, I am feeling quite a bit better;  I have more energy than I have had since the surgery, but that is not saying very much.  i still get tired and like to take a rest in the middle of the day.  Then it is hard for me to sleep at night, mostly because of the dry mouth thing.  But all in all, I feel like I am doing well, and continuing to improve.  We will get a bit of a check-up on Wednesday.  I will try to remember to post something after that.

2 comments:

  1. When we saw you Tuesday Feb. 7, you looked better. Now that the chemo and radiation have stopped, it will be interesting to see how much you improve, and in what ways. I'm so glad you are beginning to see some improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the check-up go on Wed. the 15th? I am so glad to see you up and around and doing so much. YOu are amazing.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete