Friday, January 13, 2012

Chemo update 13 Jan 2012

I suppose I ought to start calling the update something other than Chemo, since the Chemo has stopped.  In fact three weeks ago.  But as they say, the song lingers on.  I still have moments of nausea, and two days ago vomited for a while with dry heaves for about 10 minutes.  It was not pleasant.  I expect the side effects will go completely away, but probably not until the radiation is finished.

Speaking of radiation, after today, I will have three more sessions.  We saw Dr. Hitchcock (the radiation oncologist) yesterday.  She thought everything looked good . . . well within the range of expectations.  Nothing out of the ordinary, or that should cause alarm.  My right ear is plugged with wax and dead skin, so we are going to have that removed today. 

We also saw Dr. Bentz on Wednesday.  He thought everything looked OK also.  My right eyelid is drooping some, and he is ready to take another tuck when I say so, but I think it will need to get a bit worse before we go under the knife again.  The return of the facial nerve (whenever that happens) will provide some muscle tone, but no control.  So it looks like my crooked smile and grouchy face will be with me until the resurrection.

2 comments:

  1. Do you get today, the holiday, off from radiation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the least grouchy face on the planet.

    ReplyDelete