Monday we had a CT scan. Today we went in for the results. Dr. Grossman was not in but we spoke to the Nurse Practitioner, Carolyn Luckett. She said that everything was the same as last time or had improved. The bigger tumors have shrunk a little bit, as had the fluid in the lining around my heart. I didn't remember that there was pericardial infusion, but the report says it is improved from the last scan. There were no suspicious finding it the chest.
So why am I so tired all the time? Maybe it's because I'm just lazy. She said I need to get more exercise. She wants me to set a timer and get up from my computer every hour and go for a walk around the block. This block is HUGE; I can not make it all the way around in an hour. So I guess I will walk to the corner and back. She also recommended that I take physical therapy to help me with my sciatica. For the last several days, my left leg was really hurting, but as of this moment, the sciatica is gone. If it comes back, that is what I will do. At first, I wondered what it was, and if it could be related to the cancer, but I am happy to report that it is not. Just an inopportune case of sciatica, which, they say, comes and goes. I am grateful to say it is gone for now. So things continue to be better than expected, and I am in really good shape for the shape I am in.
MJG
No comments:
Post a Comment